Refund and Cancellation Policy
Ceramic Arts Queensland Refund and Cancellation Policy covers how REFUND and CANCELLATION Fees are calculated if a Member or Participant wishes to cancel a completed transaction with Ceramic Arts Queensland (“CAQ”).
- In accordance with Ceramic Arts Queensland’s Constitution all applications for membership and on-line registrations are subject to Board ratification within one month.
- All on-line registrants will receive immediate website access once they activate their registration.
- Only ratified members hold voting rights.
- A CAQ Membership fee is non-refundable once the payment transaction has completed.
Fees for CAQ Events
- CAQ conducts Lectures, Workshops, Demonstrations and Classes for which fees are charged.
- Bookings can be made in advance on our website.
- Booking can also be made by arrangement with the Secretary of CAQ.
- Full payment of the fee must be made at the time of booking.
- If CAQ does not ratify a Membership application, the applicant will receive a full refund.
- If CAQ cancels an event for any reason then the participant will receive a full refund or may elect to transfer the fee as payment for another CAQ event.
- Fees paid to attend CAQ Events are refundable subject to the conditions outlined in the Table 1 below.
- All cancellation and refund requests must be submitted on the form “Ceramic Arts Queensland Event Cancellation and Refund Application” available on our website.
- The Application can be submitted by post or by email.
- The date the Application is received by Ceramic Arts Queensland is the Effective Date of the Application.
- The Effective Date will be used to calculate the eligibility for a refund and the amount of the refund.
- An Administration Fee may be charged to cover the administrative costs of reviewing and processing the refund.
- The amount of the Administrative Fee is noted in Table 1 below.
Cancellation and Refund Review Process
- Once an Application for a refund has been processed by CAQ, the participants will be sent an email explaining how the amount of the refund was calculated and the amount of any Administration fee that has been charged.
- The Participant can request a review of the Cancellation and Refund decision. This request will be put to the next month’s CAQ Board Meeting. The Participant will be notified of the outcome of the review process by email.
- The participant retains the right to take further action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
- The CAQ Refund and Cancellation Policy is subject to review from time to time and any changes to it will be posted on CAQ website.
|Membership not ratified by CAQ||Not Applicable||Full refund||None|
|Cancellation of the Event by CAQ||Not Applicable||Full refund||None|
|Cancellation by participant||10 days prior to the event start date||Full refund||$15 plus 3% of the transaction amount (to cover credit card charges)|
|Cancellation by participant||Application received 2 - 9 days prior to the event start date||50% refund||$15 plus 3% of the transaction amount (to cover credit card charges)|
|Cancellation by participant||Application received less than 2 days prior to the event start date||No refund||None|