Website Terms and Conditions of Use
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Ceramic Arts Queensland. Your access to and use of all content on this website is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to amend this notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
Our Website Services
- We reserve the right to prevent you using this website at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
- When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
- You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
- The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatagging or mirroring of our website.
- You agree to ensure that your registration details, including your name and email address, are true and accurate at all times and you undertake to update your registration details from time to time when they change. If we become aware that either your name and/or email address is incorrect, we reserve the right to immediately cancel your registration and acceptance for registration in the future will be at our discretion.
- On registration, we provide you with a password and User Name.
- In accordance with Ceramic Arts Queensland’s Constitution all applications for membership and on-line registrations are subject to Board ratification within one month.
- All on-line registrants will receive immediate website access once they activate their registration.
- Only ratified members hold voting rights.
- We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You are responsible for all and any Content you contribute to the Service. When you provide Content you retain ownership of the intellectual property in that information however you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence (with the right to sublicense) to use (including copy, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, broadcast, transmit, display and distribute) the Content in any and all media including forms not yet developed. This licence ends when you cease your membership except for Content which has already been released as part of the Service.
- We reserve the right but will not have an obligation to remove or refuse to distribute any Content. We also reserve the right to adapt or modify your Content for any reason including for distribution purposes.
- By posting Content on this website, you provide us with an undertaking that such Content does not infringe the rights of someone else and that it does not violate the law in any other way such as by being defamatory, being of racist content or is threatening.
- As a member, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any liability, claim, action, demand, loss, costs including legal costs on a full indemnity basis and expenses arising out of or in connection with any Content you provide.
- To the extent permitted by law, you release and discharge us from any liability or claim arising out of any loss or damage that may be suffered or incurred as a result of your use of our Service.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- You may link our website with our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website’s contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
- All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
- If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
- The information we provide on this website is of a general nature only. We are not providing professional advice and you should obtain professional or specialist advice that is appropriate to your circumstances and we give no warranty and accept no liability should you use the information without obtaining independent advice.
- We give no warranty that the information is free from error or omission and you should use your own care and skill when accessing and using it.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- We take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
Limitation of Liability
- To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition will not be greater than the amount you paid to access our website.
- By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Queensland and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in Queensland and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- We undertake to take all due care with any information including Comments which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.