Reduced Lustre Masterclass
Regrettably we have had to postpone this workshop as Ellen has broken her arm.
Reduced lustre pigments are applied to glaze fired pots. They are fired in a gas kiln and reduced. Once cooled – about 18 hours – the pieces are scrubbed to reveal the lustrous surface.
Here are some of the topics covered in this masterclass workshop:
- application of lustre pigments, either brushwork or slip-trailing
- discussion on which shapes and patterns are useful to encourage the formation of haloes in lustre firing
- packing of the kiln, with attention to placement of pigments in either cool, medium or hot zones, also tightness of pack and firing program
- scrubbing off & polishing after cooling
- recipes for and the making of pigments
This masterclass will be run over two Sundays 9:30am – 4pm both days
SUNDAY 20th and SUNDAY 27th JUNE
A schedule and list of requirements will be sent to registrants
This workshop is not suitable for beginners.