Toolkit #4 CAQ Raku Play Day
Tookit #4 Raku Play Day
Get ready to book in quick, these much-loved CAQ raku firings are very popular.
At this informal workshop, attendees will glaze their bisqued pieces and raku fire them. In addition, some pots can be used to experiment with the obvara technique, Obvara, sometimes called Baltic Raku, is an Eastern European firing technique originated in the Baltic region. The hot piece of pottery is taken out of the kiln and quickly immersed into a fermented liquid, made with water, flour, yeast, and sugar. The fee includes use of glazes and materials for the obvara process.
- 12pm-4pm Saturday 25 June
- Brisbane Institute of Art, Grafton St Windsor
- participants will need to bring bisqued pots appropriate for a raku firing
- a email detailing the pots to bring, will be sent to participants
- BYO lunch, afternoon tea provided by CAQ
Cost CAQ Member fee $50 | Non-member fee $85
Members can log in using the ‘Login / My Account’ link at the bottom of any page and use the coupon to apply the discount at checkout (coupon code: memberfee)