Siliceous Award for Ceramic Excellence – Entry Form
Applications are now open.
The Siliceous Award for Ceramic Excellence is one of Australia’s leading and most valuable ceramic art prizes, with a major acquisitive prize of $7,000. Ceramic Arts Queensland (CAQ), one of Australia’s oldest arts organisations, is proud to be offering the prize in 2023.
The Siliceous Award is a recognition and celebration of artistic excellence and innovation in ceramics, pottery, and ceramic sculpture. It attracts entrants from around Australia. Siliceous is an acquisitive competition with the winning piece becoming part of CAQ’s permanent collection, one of the largest and most comprehensive collections of Australian ceramics. Entries to the award are scrutinised by a panel of relevant experts.
At this year’s competition, Australian Wood Firers United (AWFU) will also be presenting the inaugural Gwyn Hanssen Pigott Wood Fired Ceramics Award. This prize is to recognise excellence in wood fired ceramics and honour one of Australia’s most significant ceramic artists. This award, sponsored by the AWFU, is a $2,500 non-acquisitive prize.
The 2023 Award will be judged by Dr Rebecca Coates, curator, and former Director of Shepparton Art Museum.
Applications for entry close Friday, 25 August, 2023. The winner will be announced at the Opening Night event on Friday, 13 October.
HOW TO APPLY
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Read the Terms and Conditions HERE
- ENTRY FORM: Download the Entry Form HERE – download the form to your computer, complete, and return the entry form to email@example.com
- ENTRY FEE: Use the booking feature below to pay your entry fee (payment may be made online or via direct deposit). You may enter up to two pieces and the Entry Fee is payable for each piece. The Entry Fee is $40 per entry for CAQ members, $50 per entry for non-members.
- IMAGES: Send images of your work (2-3 images showing back, front, detail) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, these images will be used for the pre-selection of entries.
Your application will not be complete unless you have completed all steps.
We are looking forward to seeing your entries and hope to see you at the Opening Night event on Friday 13 October! For further information about this event please click HERE
The previous winners of Siliceous are:
- 2021 Nicolette Johnson Nine Tendrils
- 2019 Tatsuya Tsutsui Pomegranate
- 2018 Larissa Warren Subterranean
- 2017 Mollie Bosworth Letting Go
- 2016 Rowley Drysdale Oceania #7
- 2015 Megan Puls Silt
Feature image: Nine Tendrils by Nicolette Johnson. Photo by Nicolette Johnson.